- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups freshly popped corn
- 1/4 cup honey-roasted peanuts
- Line a large baking sheet with lightly buttered parchment paper or foil. In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water and bring to a boil. Wash down the side of the saucepan with a wet pastry brush. Cook the syrup over moderate heat without stirring, until a medium amber caramel color forms, about 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and carefully stir in the butter and salt until melted. Add the popcorn and peanuts and carefully stir to coat all of the pieces. Pour the caramel corn onto the buttered sheet and spread in an even layer. Drizzle any remaining caramel on top. Let cool for 30 minutes, then break the caramel corn into pieces.