- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: 1
This ultra-savory daiquiri evokes the flavors of a caprese salad (tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella), one of mixologist Mathias Simonis’s favorite things to eat. He has created versions with oregano-infused rum and extra garnishes like olives and pickled peppers, which are fun to snack on.
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 2 basil leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch each of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 2 ounces white rum
- 3/4 ounce Simple Syrup
- 3/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- Herbed olive oil and 1 mini mozzarella ball skewered with 1 cherry tomato and 1 basil leaf, for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the 4 cherry tomatoes with the 2 basil leaves, the vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the rum, Simple Syrup and lime juice, fill the shaker with ice and shake well. Fine-strain into a chilled coupe and garnish with the olive oil, mozzarella ball, cherry tomato and basil leaf.