© Tina Rupp
Cantaloupe and Prosciutto Salad with Ice Wine Vinaigrette
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 2 tablespoons ice wine (eiswein) or other sweet white dessert wine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, preferably aged
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- One 2-pound cantaloupe—halved, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 pound burrata (cream-filled mozzarella) or fresh buffalo mozzarella, at room temperature, cut into 4 slices
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- 2 cups baby arugula (1 1/2 ounces)
- In a small bowl, combine the ice wine, olive oil and Champagne and balsamic vinegars and season with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, drizzle the cantaloupe with 1 1/2 tablespoons of the dressing and toss to coat. Arrange the slices on plates. Set a slice of burrata on the melon and drizzle the plates with 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Drape a slice of prosciutto over the cheese. In the shallow dish, toss the arugula with the remaining dressing. Top the salads with the arugula and serve right away.
A slightly sweet wine will add a grace note to this mildly sweet dish. Look for a light, flowery white, such as a Moscato d'Asti or Washington State Riesling.