- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans, drained and rinsed if canned
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup homemade beef broth or 1/3 cup canned beef stock diluted with 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Toasted thick slices of crusty bread
How to make this recipe
Put the oil and garlic in a saucepan. Cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the garlic is a pale gold. Add the beans and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cover and cook gently for 5 minutes.
Transfer 1/2 cup of the beans to a food mill, add the broth and puree back into the pan. Simmer the soup for 5 minutes, then season with salt and pepper. swirl in the parsley. Ladle the soup over the toasted bread and serve.