- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup halved dried cherries
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- Fresh ricotta cheese or plain Greek yogurt, and mixed berries, for serving
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 325°.
In a medium bowl, combine the oats, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, almonds, coconut, brown sugar, cinnamon, ground ginger and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the applesauce with the honey and coconut oil. Add the applesauce mixture to the dry ingredients and toss to coat. Scatter the granola in an even layer on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp. Let cool completely.
Transfer the granola to a bowl and stir in the dried cranberries and cherries and the crystallized ginger. Serve with ricotta and mixed berries.