Campfire Bacon with Maple-Citrus Glaze
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Maple syrup, sherry vinegar and citrus combine to make a terrific glaze for thick slices of slab bacon in this simple, six-ingredient recipe.
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Four 3/4-inch-thick slices of skinless slab bacon, halved crosswise
- Freshly snipped chives, for garnish
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup with the vinegar and orange and lime zests. Grill the bacon over moderately low heat, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and tender, about 12 minutes. Brush with the maple-citrus syrup and continue grilling, turning occasionally, until glazed, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer the bacon to a platter, garnish with snipped chives and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.