Camille's Salad Mix
Houston farmer Camille Waters's heirloom salad recipe.
- Two Romaines, one Devil's Tongue and one Deer Tongue
- One Tom Thumb baby Bibb lettuce
- Some Merveille des Quatre Saisons lettuce
- Some peppery Upland cress
- 5 or 6 baby Easter Egg radishes
- Some wild arugula
- White Balsamic Vinegar
- Juice of half a blood orange
- Sunflower seeds (for garnish)
- Johnny-jump-ups (for garnish)
- Start with the two romaines. Add the Tom Thumb baby Bibb lettuce, washed well, roots and all. Throw in the Merveille des Quatre Saisons lettuce, Upland cress, radishes and arugula. Dress with the white balsamic vinegar and blood orange juice. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and Johnny-jump-ups.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.