- 8 ounces rice vermicelli noodles
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons garlic chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3/4 pound green cabbage (about 1/2 head), cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
How to make this recipe
Place the noodles in a large heat-proof bowl and add boiling water to cover. Let the noodles soak until tender but not mushy, about 5 to 10 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain well.
In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, water, chili sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, and fish sauce. Add the noodles, sliced cabbage, half of the mint, and toss to combine. Top with chopped peanuts and the remaining mint to serve.
The noodle salad will keep, in an airtight container up to 3 days.
Tip: Make the noodle salad up to a day in advance and refrigerate in Tupperware, the flavors will get even better.