- SERVINGS: Makes 1 Drink
Mixologist Ryan Fitzgerald created this drink for the 2009 San Francisco Slow Food Festival using only local ingredients: The gin came from Distillery No. 209 (located at Pier 50 on Fisherman's Wharf), the apples for the juice from a Sonoma orchard and the lemon verbena from an urban garden run by his cousin. Even the club soda was Bay Area–made, by the bottle-recycling Seltzer Sisters.
- 8 fresh lemon verbena leaves or one 1 1/2-inch piece of lemongrass, tender inner white bulb only, crushed
- 2 ounces gin, preferably Junípero
- 2 ounces unfiltered apple juice
- 1 ounce chilled club soda
- In a collins glass, gently muddle the lemon verbena leaves or lemongrass bulb. Add ice and the gin and apple juice; stir well. If using lemongrass, discard the bulb. Stir in the club soda.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.