- 1 pound green beans or yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound thinly sliced calf's liver
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup pure olive oil
- 6 ounces frisée, leaves torn
How to make this recipe
- Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and boil until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain the beans and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the shallot, vinegar and mustard. Whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the beans and toss well.
- Season the calf's liver with salt and pepper and dust all over with the flour, tapping off any excess. In a very large skillet, heat the pure olive oil until shimmering. Add the calf's liver slices and cook over moderately high heat, turning the slices once, until they're golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the frisée to the beans and toss to coat. Serve the liver with the beans and salad.
Smoky, curranty, affordable Bordeaux.