Cafe Annie Margaritas
- SERVINGS: 16
Robert Del Grande says that making his potent margaritas without sugar reduces the risk of hangovers.
- Kosher salt
- 17 lime wedges
- 3 cups (1 1/2 pints) top-quality silver tequila
- 1 1/2 cups (12 ounces) Cointreau
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lime juice
- Pour a mound of salt on a plate. Run a lime wedge around the rim of each glass (preferably margarita glasses), then dip the rims in the salt to coat. Put a lime wedge in each glass or on the rim.
- Fill a large pitcher halfway with ice and add the tequila, Cointreau and lime juice. Stir well and pour into the glasses, adding ice cubes to each glass if desired. Alternatively, fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons of tequila, 3 tablespoons of Cointreau and 3 tablespoons of lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously for 1 minute. Pour the margaritas into 2 of the glasses and add ice. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.