© Tina Rupp
- TOTAL TIME: 5 MIN
- SERVINGS: Makes 3/4 cup
This creamy dressing is perfect for anyone who is skittish about the raw eggs in a classic Caesar salad; Melissa Rubel Jacobson enriches her piquant version of the dressing with mayonnaise instead.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 oil-packed anchovies, drained
- 1 small garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a food processor, combine the mayonnaise, anchovies, garlic, capers, lemon juice, water and mustard and process until smooth. Add the cheese and pulse to blend. Season with salt and pepper.
Notes Great With Romaine salad, crudités, potato salad, steamed broccoli, grilled chicken, salmon or tuna.