- 1 1/2 cups baguette cubes (1/2 inch)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus 1/2 cup
Parmigiano-Reggiano shavings (1 1/2 ounces), for tossing
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 oil-packed anchovy fillet, drained
- 1 small garlic clove
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 hearts of romaine (about 12 ounces), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the baguette cubes with the olive oil until coated. Toast for about 8 minutes, until crisp. Let cool.
In a mini food processor, combine the mayonnaise, grated cheese, lemon juice, water, Worcestershire sauce, anchovy and garlic and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the croutons, dressing and cheese shavings and serve.