- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- 6 ounces sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded (2 cups)
- Butter, for greasing
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 425°. In a pot of salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Drain well.
- In a bowl, mix the pasta, milk, Parmigiano, eggs, pepper, salt and 1 1/2 cups each of the Fontina and cheddar. Scrape into a buttered 9-inch springform pan, then sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup each of Fontina and cheddar on top. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Turn on the broiler. Broil the pie 8 inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes, until browned on top. Transfer to a rack and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove the ring, cut the pie into wedges and serve.
Pair this cheesy pasta with a silky, concentrated Italian red.