Cabbage with Parsley Cream
- TOTAL TIME: 35 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 first-course servings
Cabbage-leaf rolls simulate the pointed cabbage heads that Claus Henriksen uses at Dragsholm Slot.
- 1/2 cup packed parsley leaves
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 large Savoy cabbage leaves, halved lengthwise and center ribs discarded
- 2 quarts water
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Thinly sliced scallions, assorted sprouts and extra-thin rye crisps, for serving
- In a blender, combine the parsley, egg, vinegar and oil and puree. Season with salt.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water, butter and a large pinch of salt and bring to a boil. Add the cabbage leaves, cover and simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Drain the cabbage leaves and pat dry.
- Tightly roll up the leaves and arrange the rolls on plates. Season lightly with salt and top with the parsley sauce. Garnish with the scallions and sprouts and serve right away with rye crisps.
Fragrant, minerally Pinot Grigio.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.