- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
Mixing all different kinds of citrus with brussels sprouts, olives and dates creates a delicious and unusual winter salad.
- 1 white or pink grapefruit or 2 oro blanc
- 2 mandarin oranges or clementines
- 4 kumquats, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- 1/3 cup pitted green olives, chopped
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Using a sharp knife, peel the grapefruit and mandarin oranges, removing all of the bitter white pith. Working over a large bowl, cut in between the membranes and release the sections into the bowl. Squeeze the juice from the grapefruit into the bowl; you will need 1/4 cup. Add the kumquats, brussels sprouts, olives, dates and olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to evenly coat. Serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.