- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 pound lean slab bacon, sliced 1/4 inch thick and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced (8 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- One 7 1/2-ounce package of farmer cheese
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425°. Spread the potatoes on 2 large, rimmed baking sheets. Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil over each pan and toss to coat the potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Roast the potatoes for about 25 minutes, until browned on the bottom and tender. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Preheat the broiler.
Meanwhile, in a large, deep ovenproof skillet, heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the bacon and cook over moderate heat until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add the cabbage, cover and cook, stirring a few times, until tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in the roasted potatoes, season with salt and pepper and add the cream. Simmer for 1 minute. Dollop the farmer cheese all over the top and broil for 1 minute, or until the cheese is browned. Serve right away.
Internal Server Error