- 1 pound green cabbage, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oranges, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
How to make this recipe
Put the cabbage, fennel and onion in a large salad bowl and gently toss to combine. Add the olive oil and lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the oranges and toss gently to combine. Let salad sit, refrigerated, for 30 minutes before serving.
Just before serving, add the parsley leaves and chopped mint. Taste and adjust the seasonings.