- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt
- 1/2 medium green cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced (12 cups)
- 1 medium bunch of Tuscan kale, stems discarded, leaves very thinly sliced (4 1/2 cups)
How to make this recipe
In a skillet, toast the nutritional yeast over moderate heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Scrape the yeast into a blender. Add the garlic, cider vinegar, lemon juice and water and blend until combined. With the machine on, add the oils in a slow, steady stream. Season with salt.
In a bowl, toss the cabbage and kale. Add the yeast dressing and toss. Season the salad with salt and serve.
The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 days.