- 1 1/2 pounds green beans, split lengthwise
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 4 small garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One 2 1/2 -pound head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1-inch dice
- In a large saucepan of boiling salted water, cook the green beans until al dente, about 4 minutes. Drain and refresh the beans under cold running water, then pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, garlic, olive oil, ginger, thyme, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the cabbage with the tomatoes and green beans. Add the dressing, toss to coat and serve.
Make AheadThe green beans can be cooked and refrigerated for 1 day.