Buttery Vanilla Shortbread
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 45 MIN Plus cooling
- SERVINGS: Makes 24 shortbread cookies
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a food processor, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter and vanilla and pulse until evenly moistened. Turn the crumbs out onto a large piece of parchment paper and press into a disk.
- Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and roll out the dough to a rough 8-by-11-inch rectangle. Discard the top sheet of parchment. Trim the edges to form a 7-by-10-inch rectangle. Slide the dough along with the parchment onto a large baking sheet. Using a straight edge and a sharp knife, score the dough into 24 bars. Poke the dough all over with a fork and freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Bake the dough until golden, about 25 minutes. While the shortbread is still warm, cut it into bars. Let cool before serving.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.