- 10 ounces lump crabmeat, picked over
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened, plus more for greasing the dish
- One 24-inch day-old baguette—ends trimmed, bread cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup half-and-half
- Preheat the oven to 350° and butter a 9-by-13-inch ceramic baking dish. In a medium bowl, toss the crabmeat with the parsley, chives, lemon juice and cayenne. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Butter each baguette slice and stand up the slices in the prepared baking dish. Using a spoon, tuck the crab mixture evenly between the slices of bread.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk, half-and-half, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Pour the custard evenly over the bread and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Bake the bread pudding for 30 minutes, until the top is lightly browned and the custard is set. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Concentrated white Burgundy.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.