- 1 cup butternut squash, diced about 1/2-inch thick
- 4 large sundried tomatoes in oil, sliced into strips + 1/2 teaspoon oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Four 8-inch flour tortillas
- 2/3 cup freshly grated mozzarella
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cilantro leaves for garnish
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, toss the squash with a 1/4 teaspoon of sundried tomato oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread the squash in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes, until lightly browned in spots and softened.
- In a non-stick skillet, heat 1/2 teaspoon of the canola oil. Place one tortilla in the skillet and sprinkle 1/3 cup of the grated mozzarella evenly over the top. Scatter half of the tomatoes over and then sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of goat cheese and some sliced green onions. Top the quesadilla with the second tortilla and cook until crisp on the bottom, about 3 minutes. Carefully flip it over and cook on the second side until the cheese is melted, for about another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the reserved oil to make the second quesadilla. Cut into wedges, garnish with chopped green onions and cilantro, and serve right away.
The butternut squash can be roasted in advance and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 4 days.