Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes with Tarragon
- SERVINGS: 4
If you prefer smoother mashers, peel the potatoes before cooking them.
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, scrubbed and cut into large chunks
- 1 cup low-fat (1.5%) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped tarragon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Cook until the potatoes are tender, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes, shaking them to remove the excess water. Return the potatoes to the saucepan and mash, adding the buttermilk. Stir in the chives and tarragon, season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.