- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (4% milk fat)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced shallot
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped tarragon
- Kosher salt
- 1 medium head of red leaf lettuce, torn
- 2 heads of Boston lettuce, torn
- 1 cup smoked almonds (5 ounces), chopped
How to make this recipe
In a blender, puree the buttermilk with the cottage cheese, vinegar, Dijon and shallot until smooth. Scrape the dressing into a small bowl and stir in the tarragon; season with salt and pepper.
In a serving bowl, toss the lettuces with some of the dressing. Garnish with the almonds and serve, passing the remaining dressing at the table.
The dressing can be refrigerated overnight.