- 1 stick unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped rosemary
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 pound wide egg noodles
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, preferably SarVecchio brand (see Note)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to make this recipe
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. In a skillet, melt 4 tablespoons of the butter. Add the sage and cook over moderate heat until crisp; with a slotted spoon, transfer to a small bowl. Add 1 more tablespoon of the butter to the skillet. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add the stock and boil until reduced to 1 cup, 8 minutes. Cover the skillet and remove from the heat.
Cook the noodles until al dente; drain. Return the noodles to the pot. Add the reduced stock and the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter and toss well. Stir in the 1/2 cup of grated cheese and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, top with the toasted sage and remaining 2 tablespoons of grated cheese. Serve right away.