- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecan halves, chopped
- Butter-pecan ice cream and candied pecans, for serving
- Creamy Caramel Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350° and spray a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with baking spray. In a small bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a standing mixer fitted with the paddle, beat the butter with the brown and granulated sugars at medium speed until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add the dry ingredients and beat at low speed until incorporated. Beat in the pecan halves. Spread the batter in the prepared pan and bake for about 30 minutes, until shiny and lightly crackled on top and the edges pull away from the sides of the pan. Let cool completely.
- Invert the blondies onto a board. Cut the blondies into twelve 3-inch squares, then cut 8 of the squares into quarters (save the remaining squares for snacks). Divide half the blondie pieces among 8 parfait glasses. Top with a scoop of ice cream and the remaining blondies. Sprinkle with candied pecans and drizzle with Creamy Caramel Sauce. Garnish with more candied pecans and serve.
Contributed By Photo © Jonny Valiant Published February 2013