Butter Lettuce Salad with Persimmons and Radishes
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 8
This terrific, wine-friendly salad features a mix of persimmons, radishes, scallions and butter lettuce tossed with a warm pumpkin seed dressing.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Two 10-ounce heads of butter lettuce, leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced radishes
- 1 cup thinly sliced red scallions or red onion
- In a bowl, whisk the pumpkin seed oil with the vinegar and season with salt and pepper. In a bowl, toss the lettuce with the persimmons, radishes and scallions. Serve the salad, passing the dressing at the table.
Try a Sauvignon Blanc from Sonoma or Bordeaux.