- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 pounds radishes with their greens, radishes quartered and greens reserved (see Note)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 ounce sorrel leaves, stemmed and thickly sliced (1 packed cup)
- In a large skillet, bring the vegetable stock and butter to a boil over moderate heat. Add the radishes and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are crisp-tender and the liquid has thickened slightly, about 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a shallow bowl. Scatter the sorrel over the top and serve.