Butter Beans with Parsley, Tomatoes and Chorizo
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Way The dried butter beans for this simple dish, served at Moro as a starter, can take as long as two hours to cook.
Easy Way Use canned butter beans to cut the prep time to 20 minutes. Serve the dish as a hearty, satisfying main course.
- One 14-ounce can butter beans with their liquid
- 1/2 pound chorizo, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small saucepan, heat the butter beans in their liquid. In a large skillet, cook the chorizo over high heat until it is lightly browned and most of the fat is rendered, about 2 minutes.
- In a medium serving bowl, whisk the oil and vinegar. Stir in the tomatoes, onion and parsley. Drain the beans and chorizo and add them to the bowl. Season with salt and pepper and toss. Serve warm.