© Antonis Achilleos
Butter Bean, Tuna and Celery Salad
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Big, creamy butter beans give a tuna and celery salad terrific heartiness. The salad would also be delicious spooned over slices of warm grilled country bread.
More Main-Course Salads
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Four 3 1/2-ounce cans Italian tuna in olive oil, drained
- 3 celery stalks with leaves, thinly sliced on the bias
- Two 15-ounce cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons drained capers
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice with the mustard, then slowly whisk in the olive oil. Stir in the chives and season the lemon-mustard vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the drained tuna with the sliced celery, butter beans and capers. Add the lemon-mustard vinaigrette and toss to coat the salad. Season the salad with salt and pepper and serve at once.
Serve WithCrusty bread.
Crisp, citrusy Sauvignon Blanc.