Burrata with Speck, Peas and Mint
- SERVINGS: 2
- 1/3 cup fresh or frozen baby peas
- 1/4 cup packed finely shredded mint leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 thin slices speck (about 2 ounces)
- 6 ounces burrata cheese, cut into 4 pieces
- In a small pot of salted boiling water, cook the peas until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water; pat dry. In a medium bowl, toss the peas with the mint, lemon juice, olive oil and the 1/4 cup of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange 4 slices of the speck on each plate and top with 2 pieces of the burrata. Spoon the pea mixture over the burrata, sprinkle with Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and serve.
Refreshing Italian sparkling wine: NV Mionetto Prosecco di Valdobbiadene.