- 1 banana pepper or cubanelle pepper, seeded and thinly sliced into rings
- 2/3 cup Champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- Kosher salt
- Two 6-ounce balls of burrata cheese, patted dry and halved
- 1/2 cup small mint leaves
- 8 cups pea tendrils (4 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup small purslane sprigs
- Kosher salt
- 1 large, ripe yellow peach, pitted and cut into 12 wedges
- 1/2 yellow peach
How to make this recipe
- Make the pickled pepper Place the pepper rings in a small heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, boil the vinegar and salt, stirring, until the salt dissolves; pour over the pepper rings. Let stand at room temperature for 90 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and shallot and let stand for 30 minutes. Slowly whisk in both oils until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the salad In a food processor, puree 1 ball of burrata until smooth and spreadable. Spread the burrata puree in shallow bowls. In a medium bowl, toss the mint, pea tendrils, purslane and pickled pepper rings with the dressing. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Mound the salad in the bowls. Tear the remaining burrata into small pieces and arrange in the salads along with the peach wedges.
The drained pickled pepper rings can be refrigerated for 1 week.
Pair this salad with a minerally, strawberry-scented rose.