© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Bulgur Roasted Seaweed Hand Rolls
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR
- SERVINGS: 4
Have fun with this variation on the traditional sushi rolls. These bulgur hand rolls add a great chew and wonderful whole wheat flavor.
Slideshow: More Bulgur Recipes
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- Nori sheets (roasted seaweed), cut in half
- 1 medium carrot, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and cut into thin strips
- In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the bulgur and salt, remove from the heat and allow to sit for 25 minutes, or until the bulgur is tender. Drain excess water. Set aside to cool.
- Stir the rice vinegar, sugar, and sesame seed oil into the bulgur.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of bulgur into the center of each nori sheet. Lay in some carrots and cucumber on top of the bulgur. Gently fold the corners towards the center and roll into a cone shape. Serve immediately.