- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 pounds cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Two 8-ounce balls of buffalo mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Crusty bread, for serving
How to make this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 300°. Arrange the halved cherry tomatoes cut side up on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Roast for 2 to 2 1/2 hours, until the tomatoes are shriveled and half-dried. Remove from the oven.
- Increase the oven temperature to 350°. Arrange the cherry tomatoes on the vine on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet. Season with salt and drizzle with the olive oil. Roast for about 1 hour, until the tomatoes soften and start to split open. Using a spatula, carefully transfer the tomatoes to a large platter. Arrange the dried tomatoes on the platter along with the mozzarella. Season with pepper and serve with crusty bread.
Pair this dish with a zingy, juicy Sicilian white.