- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 kosher dill pickles (about 6 inches long), sliced lengthwise 1/4 inch thick
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 large eggs beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs mixed with 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Blue cheese salad dressing and hot sauce, for serving
How to make this recipe
In a large saucepan, heat 1 1/2 inches of oil to 375°. Pat the pickle slices dry with paper towels. Put the flour, eggs and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow bowls. Dredge the pickle slices in flour, shaking off the excess. Dip them in the egg, then coat with the bread crumbs.
Fry the pickles, about 5 slices at a time, turning once, until browned and crisp, about 1 minute. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Serve hot, with blue cheese dressing and hot sauce.