© Todd Porter & Diane Cu
Buffalo Chicken Fajitas
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 4
Doused in buffalo sauce and nestled in a chewy tortilla, this mash-up of game day classics can easily be scaled up or down, depending on your number of guests.
Slideshow: Innovative Game Day Snack Recipes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Frank’s RedHot or other hot sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced in strips
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- Kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Flour or corn tortillas, for serving
- Shredded cheese and sour cream, for serving (optional)
- Chopped avocado, chopped cilantro and salsa or chopped tomatoes, for serving (optional)
- Make the Buffalo Sauce Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Melt the butter, and then stir in the garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the garlic is lightly browned.
- Stir in the hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Reduce heat to low and simmer the sauce for about 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- Make the Fajitas Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and then stir in the chicken. Cook for 2 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned. Stir in the onion and bell pepper and cook with the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the buffalo sauce and cook for another 2 minutes or until everything is well combined and heated through. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortillas and optional toppings.