Buffalo Burgers with Raisin-Garlic Mayonnaise
- SERVINGS: 4
Ground buffalo has an intense meaty but not gamy flavor. Since the meat is so lean, it's best to cook the burgers rare.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped raisins
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 pounds ground buffalo
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Romaine lettuce leaves, for serving
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, raisins, garlic and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet. Add the pine nuts and cook over low heat, stirring a few times, until well browned, about 5 minutes; let cool. In a large bowl, gently mix the ground buffalo with the pine nuts. Pat the meat into 4 burgers. Rub each burger with some of the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- In the skillet, heat the oil just until smoking. Add the burgers and cook over high heat until browned, crusty and rare, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the burgers on the buns with lettuce and the raisin-garlic mayonnaise.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.