- 1 pound bucatini, broken in half
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon very coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon very coarsely ground white pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1 3/4 cups freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese (6 ounces)
How to make this recipe
- Cook the bucatini in a large pot of boiling, salted water until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain the bucatini and return it to the pot. Add the olive oil, black and white pepper and the reserved pasta water. Add the cherry tomatoes and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese, season with salt and toss well. Transfer to a large, warmed pasta bowl and sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Serve at once.
Tame the intense sharpness of the black and white pepper in this dish with a clean, tangy white from Italy's Frascati Superiore region.