Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Thyme
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
Chef Nuno Mendes separates brussels sprout leaves by hand before sautéing them, an extremely time-consuming task. Thinly slicing the sprouts verticallyby hand or with a food processor fitted with a slicing bladegets similar results in a fraction of the time.
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, thinly sliced lengthwise
- In a small bowl, whisk the mustard with the vinegar. Gradually whisk in the 1/4 cup of oil until emulsified. Add the thyme and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil, until shimmering. Add the brussels sprouts and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender and charred in spots, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in half of the dressing. Transfer to a bowl. Serve warm or at room temperature, passing the extra dressing at the table.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.