- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups off-dry Riesling
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed or vegetable oil
- 2 large shallots, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
How to make this recipe
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the cranberries in the wine at high power for 2 minutes. Let stand until the cranberries are slightly plumped, about 10 minutes. Drain the cranberries and discard the liquid.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the shallots and cook over low heat until softened, about 2 minutes. Add the brussels sprouts and cook over moderately high heat until bright green, about 2 minutes. Add the water and drained cranberries and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over moderate heat until the brussels sprouts are tender, about 12 minutes. Uncover and continue cooking until the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Add the butter and toss to coat. Serve right away.
The brussels sprouts can be prepared up to 4 hours ahead and reheated gently in a skillet.