- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- Seeds from 1 small pomegranate (3/4 cup)
- 1 loose cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (2 ounces)
How to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°. In a pie plate, toast the hazelnuts until the skins blister, about 15 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a clean kitchen towel and let cool, then rub to remove the skins. Coarsely chop the nuts.
In a bowl, whisk the hazelnut oil with the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, lemon zest and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the shredded brussels sprouts, pomegranate seeds and shaved cheese and toss well. Sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts on top and serve right away.