© Jonny Valiant
Brussels Sprout Slaw with Hazelnuts and Pomegranate
- TOTAL TIME:
- SERVINGS: 8
This delectable vegetable slaw has tons of texture and flavor: crisp shredded brussels sprouts, crunchy hazelnuts, salty shaved cheese and bright, tangy pomegranate seeds.
Slideshow: Delicious Slaw Recipes
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, finely shredded
- Seeds from 1 small pomegranate (3/4 cup)
- 1 loose cup shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (2 ounces)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a pie plate, toast the hazelnuts until the skins blister, about 15 minutes. Transfer the nuts to a clean kitchen towel and let cool, then rub to remove the skins. Coarsely chop the nuts.
- In a bowl, whisk the hazelnut oil with the olive oil, vinegar, mustard, lemon zest and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Add the shredded brussels sprouts, pomegranate seeds and shaved cheese and toss well. Sprinkle the chopped hazelnuts on top and serve right away.