Bruschetta with Mozzarella and Smashed Fresh Favas
- TOTAL TIME: 30 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4
- 1 pound fresh fava beans, shelled (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 16 grilled baguette slices
- 1/4 pound buffalo mozzarella, torn into thin strips
- Aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced mint leaves
- In a saucepan of boiling water, cook the fava beans until the skins start to loosen, 1 1/2 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the favas. Transfer the favas to a food processor and add the oil, lemon juice and zest and pulse to a coarse puree. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the fava-bean puree on the toasts and top with the mozzarella strips. Drizzle the toasts with the balsamic vinegar, scatter the mint on top and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.