- One 10-ounce package frozen baby lima beans
- 1/3 cup finely chopped mint
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Eight 1/2-inch-thick slices sourdough bread cut from a round loaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 8 jumbo shrimpshelled, halved lengthwise and deveined
- Cook the lima beans in a medium saucepan of boiling water until tender, about 8 minutes; drain. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the mint, parsley, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bread. Rub the slices with the garlic clove and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, mash the butter with the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Spread the butter all over the shrimp and set them in a broiling pan. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, turning the shrimp once.
- Mound the lima salad on the toast and top with the shrimp. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
The grilled and fresh flavors will be nicely highlighted by a Sémillon-Sauvignon blend from Australia.