- One 10-ounce package frozen baby lima beans
- 1/3 cup finely chopped mint
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Eight 1/2-inch-thick slices sourdough bread cut from a round loaf
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 8 jumbo shrimpshelled, halved lengthwise and deveined
How to make this recipe
Cook the lima beans in a medium saucepan of boiling water until tender, about 8 minutes; drain. Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly. Stir in the mint, parsley, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Toast the bread. Rub the slices with the garlic clove and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Preheat the broiler. In a small bowl, mash the butter with the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper. Spread the butter all over the shrimp and set them in a broiling pan. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, turning the shrimp once.
Mound the lima salad on the toast and top with the shrimp. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
The grilled and fresh flavors will be nicely highlighted by a Sémillon-Sauvignon blend from Australia.