- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 3/4 pound mushrooms, chopped fine
- 3 cloves garlic, 2 minced, 1 smashed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley, plus 1/3 cup lightly packed leaves
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
In a large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil with the butter over moderately high heat. Add the mushrooms, the minced garlic, the salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and the sage. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden, 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Remove from the heat.
In a blender or food processor, put the olives, parsley leaves, smashed garlic, anchovy paste, the remaining 6 tablespoons olive oil, the lemon juice, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Blend or process to a coarse puree.
Spread the mushroom mixture on eight of the bruschetta, and the tapenade on the rest.