- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into tablespoons
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut (5 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- Preheat the oven to 325°. Line a 9-by-13-inch baking pan with foil. In the top of a double boiler or in a microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate with the butter. Stir well and let cool.
- Spread the coconut on a rimmed baking sheet in a thin layer and toast in the oven for about 7 minutes, until light brown and fragrant. Season the coconut with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the cooled chocolate mixture. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt over the mixture and stir until incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 20 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out with fudgy crumbs attached. Transfer the pan to a rack and let the brownies cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the dulce de leche in the microwave until bubbling. Drizzle the hot dulce de leche over the brownies and sprinkle evenly with the toasted coconut. Let cool.
- Lift the foil to remove the brownies from the pan. Place on a cutting board and cut into 24 brownies. Arrange on a platter and serve.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.