- 1 3/4 pounds baby red potatoes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large saucepan, cover the potatoes with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until the potatoes are almost tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the sour cream with the yogurt, dill, chives, onion and caraway and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Cook the potatoes in two batches cut side down until golden brown and tender, about 10 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to a platter and season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the potatoes with the dill sauce and serve.
The dill cream can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Smoked or poached salmon.