Brown Rice with Truffle and Chive
- ACTIVE: 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
- SERVINGS: 6
White truffle oil is a wonderful but assertive flavor, and a little goes a long way. If you’re unsure of how much truffle flavor you prefer, start with 1 teaspoon and add more to your own taste.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups short-grain brown rice
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the shallot and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the stock, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the broth is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Add a Comment
Tune in on Wednesdays at 10PM ET for Top Chef: Boston, the 12th season of Bravo's Emmy-Award winning, hit reality series.