- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups short-grain brown rice
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons white truffle oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
How to make this recipe
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter. Add the shallot and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the stock, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the broth is absorbed and the rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
If eating a gluten-free diet, be sure to use gluten-free stock.
Roasted chicken, grilled lamb, or salmon.