Brown Rice Stir-Fry with Kimchi, Pork and Tofu
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MIN
- SERVINGS: 4 MAIN-COURSE SERVINGS
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- One 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 7 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1/2 cup kimchi, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups cold cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- In a large wok, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the garlic and ginger and cook over high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the pork and stir-fry, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until no trace of pink remains and it is starting to brown, about 2 minutes. Add the tofu and kimchi and cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Add the rice and stir-fry, gently tossing, until heated through, about 1 minute. Add the soy sauce and sesame oil and toss until evenly coated. Sprinkle the fried rice with the sesame seeds, spoon into bowls and serve.
Add a Comment
Congratulations to Mei Lin, winner of Top Chef Season 12.